Elevate every beverage with this super easy (like duh easy) floral and fruit ice. Perfect for parties, showers, bbqs, or Tuesday....cause rose all day, and cause toddlers will be pumped about a raspberry cased inside their drink!
No glue, no mess. Just stickers, stamps, fun tape, and washable markers. My 2 year old daughter also loved sticking stickers on herself, me, and the hubs. She really had a blast and we ended up with an awesome frame that she mostly did by herself.
You're going to end up with an adorable little frame that someone special is going to love but most importantly you're going to be hanging with the people you adore most and creating some great memories. xx Becky
We all bring bottles of wine to parties. It’s easy, appreciated, and affordable. I’m not re-inventing the perfect “I didn’t come empty handed gift.” I’m making it way more festive, original, and tots adorbs.
Your hostess/bff finishing up her makeup will def pause and say A. How did you think of that? And B. How did you find the time? Bingo. It took like zero time.
YOU CAN LITERALLY SIT ON YOUR COUCH, ORDER EVERYTHING, AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOU. Gimme.
Mulled wine is a no brainer necessity during the holidays. You drink it in a mug which means aok for Sunday mid-morning.
We’ve already established that a bottle of wine is the best thing to bring to any party so let’s dress up the bottle with the cutest presentation of mulling spice ever.
How annoyingly perfect is showcasing your spices in a clear ornament?
It really takes a simple thing and and makes it spectacular.
Lets be real, if someone else showed up with this you would hate them for being so on point and perfectly festive. Go get it mama!
Here’s the best part.
This can be done using STORE BOUGHT MULLING SPICE! Amazon, Walmart, Etsy, Trader Joes, World Market, William Sonoma, and Sur La Table are a few places that carry the loose mix.
I also have an extremely easy homemade mulling spice recipe for anyone who wants to give it a whirl and be able to say “oh, my mulling mix is homemade”. Your house will smell of warm oranges and cinnamon. So that's a win.
FYI The store bought crew should also say “oh, my mulling mix is homemade” just so we’re clear.
If you can tie a bow, then you can do this.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. 1 (750ml) bottle of red wine (don’t spend a lot, sugar will be added to it- duh)
2. 1 disposable tea filter bag or a small cotton muslin cloth bag. Whichever you choose will go directly into the heated wine like a tea bag. I found both kinds at Whole Foods and both are available on Amazon.
3. 1 ½ Tablespoons mulling wine mix, found at all the places I mentioned above.
4. Plastic clear ornament found at Amazon, Target, Walmart or at a craft store like Michaels or Joann’s to name a few. They're everywhere people.
5. Ribbon or string
6. Little note card (optional)
Here’s how you’ll assemble your adorable little gift
1. Remove top of ornament. Pour 1 ½ tablespoons mulling spice into clear ornament (if mulling spice pieces are a little too big crush them with your wine bottle). Replace top. Tie onto wine bottle with string and your personal note. Roll up filter bag or muslin bag and slide through ornament top. DONE.
2. That’s it. Finished. Just one step.
When your friend (or you) makes your gift all they need to do is:
1. Pour ornament spices into included filter bag and tie closed.
2. Pour wine into sauce pot
3. Add mulled tea bag and 1/4 cup sugar to wine. Heat on medium-high heat till sugar is dissolved. Stir, about 5 minutes.
4. Once sugar is dissolved bring wine to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Wine will reduce to about half.
5. Cool slightly and serve.
You can totally copy these directions down and tie onto your bottle if you want!
Hope my little twist on an easy gift will make you feel creative, thoughtful, and cool, without taking much time. Because who wants to trade a shower for making an adorable gift right?
I'd love to know what you think of this! Your thoughts help me prep more easy and awesome ideas for you.