It's summer. Ain’t nobody got time for big productions in the kitchen.
And turning on the oven (especially in this heat wave)? No thanks! Check out this pair of incredibly delicious but EASY pasta salads saving the day.
Perfect for summer dinners, bbq parties, and lunch the next day! Just give it a stir and pop it in a to go container to enjoy at the park (don't forget the fork... and the fork you forgot about in your bag from the beach doesn't count, it's covered in sand).
Sayonara to stressing out about rushing home to eat lunch before the nap window closes.
Recipes below but if you still need a little convincing... watch this.
These two pasta salads are my absolute favs and take close to zero minutes to make. I'm throwing a classic macaroni salad and my twist on a Caprese salad at cha! Enjoy mama! xx Becky
Classic Macaroni Salad (with a little more flavor)
1 lb Macaroni pasta
1 cup Helman's/Best Food's Mayonnaise
1/2 cup green scallions, chopped
1 cup broccoli florets, chopped (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Cool completely, or chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes (hot pasta will make mayonnaise melt).
2. Steam broccoli by boiling in 2-3 inches of water (covered) for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Once pasta has completely cooled, combine with mayonnaise, scallions, broccoli (optional), salt and pepper. Mix well!
Caprese Pasta Salad
1 lb bow tie pasta
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
8 ounces (1 container) fresh mozzarella balls (1/3 ounce "cherry sized"), drained
1 cup pesto sauce, jarred.
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Let cool.
2. Combine cooled pasta with pesto sauce, mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss together and enjoy!